Lessons Learned From The Travelers Gift


Recently, I attended a mindset class based on the Book by Author Andy Andrews titled The Travelers Gift. The following are the first three decisions that must be made if we are to grow into the dreams we hope to fulfill.

1: THE BUCK STOPS HERE: It is imperative that we take ownership for where we are today. It was our decisions and choices that brought us here. For example, I chose to leave my last job in order to seize the opportunities of my current job. Whether or not these opportunities materialize will depend on me. The outcome is in my hands. The Buck Stops Here.

2: I WILL SEEK WISDOM: I will seek the wisdom of those who have gone before me before I move forward. I will consult with those who have overcome the challenges that I must face. I will surround myself with those who stand on the ground I too wish to occupy. It is through their eyes that I will see my path.

3: I AM A PERSON OF ACTION: Once I have taken responsibility for my situation and completed my research while consulting with those who are best suited to guide me on my journey, I must now begin to create a new future by creating a new me. One committed to fighting through the monotony of repetition daily until the actions I must take have taken root and become habits from which I cannot escape. I will not quit, I will be courageous. I will choose now as my time for action. I will be a leader.

Spend the remainder of the week working on integrating these steps into your action plan. In our next post, we will take a look at the final four decisions that will empower your growth mindset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned From Chop Wood, Carry Water

Purchase Price V Interest Rate

The Freedom That Can Only Come From Accepting Responsibility